Monday, March 16, 2009

Another EEG today...

Well this past Wednesday morning (5:45am) Livi had another seizure :( It wasn't nearly as bad as the first one (August 9) and Mike and I remained so much more calm then I would have thought. The seizure itself lasted only a minute, but it took her about 45 minutes to 'come to' and that's the period of time that I started losing it....I'm always SO afraid that the blank eyes, limp limbs, and drooling are things that are just going to stay. :( So that was Wednesday....

Thursday we woke (well we were up all night....) to Livi throwing up and having a slight fever. It lasted all.day.long. She slept on the couch all day, just waking up to throw up, then went back to sleep. She wouldn't eat or drink anything at all throughout the day which was really worrying us...

Friday we woke up with her feeling a bit better...but having a huge red, blotchy, itchy rash covering most of her body. We took her in to Dr. Yakish at 11:40am where we found out that she has a severe case of strep throat, and an ear infection. So now she's on amocicilin (sp??) Still didn't eat much at.all, and drank maybe a glass of liquid today.

Fast forward through the weekend where not too much happened....

Today (Monday) Livi had her sleep deprived EEG at 11am today. Well she woke up yesterday at around 7am, and so between then and 11am today she was allowed 3 hours of sleep. Yes, 3 hours for a 28 hour period of time. !! So that meant that between 7am and 11am, I had about 2 hours or horrible "sleep" where I might have gotten half of that. In the meantime, I had a Dr appt at 8:15am today too (more on that in the next post) Livi did AWESOME at the EEG today, fell right asleep and was excellent. We got home a little after 1pm, and she slept right through until almost 5pm when I woke her up. I think I napped from around 2:30 - 4:30 so I feel a bit better. :) Poor Mike had to go into work after her appt today so he's dragging pretty bad right now....
We should have the results in the next day or so!

No comments: