Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thumb sucking...

::sigh::

We are a binky family. I don't like thumb sucking, and (thankfully!) Livi never had the interest...just give her the bink! And when people would state that their child sucked their thumb, because "they just wouldn't keep the binky in their mouth" I would do a silent eye roll and think, well yeah, it pops out....just put it back in for them!. But now it's all come back to bite me in the butt.....

V sucks her thumb. She takes a binky, no problem. But the moment we look away, the binky gets thrown across the room and thumb goes in the mouth. I think she does it to mess with us....

She'll even go as far as holding the binky with the one hand while sucking on the other. Then when we look at her she'll laugh. Like she's just too smart for us at 6 months old. Little booger.

So.

I have a thumb sucker

::silent eye roll:: at me.

Bah.


3 comments:

andrea said...

aww we actually TRIED to get G to suck her thumb (i know, right!) but alas - she LOVES her the pacifier.

thumb-sucking pictures are way cuter tho.

The Red Headed Mama said...

Like Andrea...I was actually hoping for a thumb sucker...both my boys were/are binky babies though.
Aiden sucked his thumb for about a week when he was around 5 months old but it didn't last.

That pictures is adorable!

Kim said...

We are a paci family too. Although William is still swaddled and gets up 3X a night looking for his paci...LOL!

V is so darn sweet! <3