Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lovies

Join our Blog Hop! This week's topic is from Sara on lovies :)

Topic: Share how your child, or you, or someone you know, found and adopted his/her lovey and the importance of it in his/her life. As a bonus, feel free to add cute pictures of your little ones with their loveys

Lovies.
Let's start with Blankik (blank-ick for those wondering).....

Blankik entered our lives at my baby shower....way back in September 2004....

And when Livi was brought home, it was our #1 go-to blankie....

....and hasn't left her side since.



And now, she is 6. Blankik (who had a name change from Bubba to Blankik somewhere around age 3.5....)goes everywhere with us. EV.ERY.WHERE. Livi has even been sneaking her in her backpack to kindergarten. Yep, that's right folks...she takes her to school. Blankik used to be a very nice, vibrant, soft pink....way back 6 years ago. Now? Well she's a little, eh, not so vibrant. We have tried to get another one with absolutely zero luck. We've even had Livi pick out new ones...."Bubba", "Flower", "Blankie"....but Blankik still reigns supreme.

And I'm fine with it. Heck, I still have my blankie from when I was born. It's ripped, and stained, and, well, just plain ole Old. But I love it. It still hangs out in our bedroom every night as well. :)
But Livi is attached. And I don't see anything wrong with that. Let her have her fun (because you know Blankik can be a cape, a person, a blankie, a skirt, and more!) and enjoy her childhood :)


Now onto V....
Little Miss Violet doesn't really have one as of yet. I know at her age Livi was already deeply attatched so I don't know if V just won't have one? She likes going to sleep with one, but it doesn't really matter to her which one it is.
This is the one that we tried pawning onto her :)

And if anything, I would say she likes that one best. But is it her, or is it just because that's the one that any of us grab first? Hmmmmm...

But I had to take this picture this morning.....my girlies and their loveys :)





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pics!

I was very attached to my blankie and still sleep with it and yet my sister never did have one. It is funny how different siblings can be!

Sara said...

That last picture is adorable!

andrea said...

how cute are they?!!